Jim,

The solution is a very simple one but does require a small investment from your
company.  HelpSystems ROBOT software will assist you in automating 'ANY' jobs.
My whole month end process is automated.  I simply make sure that all of the
parameters have been changed to reflect the date ranges and load a tape for my
backup.  After that I simply sit back and watch the process, just in case
something goes wrong.

HelpSystems also provides software that will watch the error messages on your
system and reply the way you would if you were at the console.  You can also
have messages sent to your email, pager, etc. in the event of an error message.

You may want to check them out.  They have made my life a lot easier.

Thanks

Norman K. Boyd
MIS Administrator
Showa Aluminum Corp. of America
Phone:  (740) 869-5007
Cell:  (614) 774-8854
Fax:  (740) 869-6210

>>> jsehi@xxxxxxxxxxxx 03/02/04 12:16PM >>>
I am attempting to submit the BPCS reorganization programs to batch, and
am encountering an error message.  The CL program that is submitted
performs the following:

CALL       PGM(ACR970B) PARM(' ')
CALL       PGM(INV970B)
CALL       PGM(INV972B)
CALL       PGM(SFC990B)
CALL       PGM(ORD990B)
CALL       PGM(INV971B)
CALL       PGM(SFC971B)
CALL       PGM(SYS990B)

The first program apparently completed normally, but the next (INV970B)
did not. I received the following message:

SYS0245 Security Check Failed

Followed by.

CPD0170 Program SYS656CK in library *LIBL not found.

Has any one else attempted to automate these jobs, and if so. how did
you do it?

Thanks!

Jim Sehi