Perhaps you should ask MAY we clear the contents?

This is a decision for your accounting department.
Do they want all that data that they keyed in wiped out?
Or is it just the deleted records you want to clear?

We habitually run SYS120 in dedicated BPCS mode to get rid of records BPCS knows to be deleted, and a bunch other 400 reorgs, and occasionally run IBM 400 reorg on files that SYS120 does not get at, but which have accumulated significant deleted records.
and have also written a few programs to delete ancient records that standard BPCS not getting rid of, such as accounting activity on fiscal years long since closed, and need to write some for files containing items customers orders etc. that no longer exist.

I periodically review with my end users how long they want to keep records that I think are dead, then tinker with the kill modifications accordingly.

In 405 CD I think that would be the only damage done ... in other words accounting personnel transcribed from some paperwork that might be difficult to reconstruct.

, you wrote:
Thanks for all of your information.

So, can we clear the containt of the file ?

Thank
Regards

Kusman Lim PT Takeda Indonesia

-----Original Message----- From: Sajben@xxxxxxxxxxx

Not only for logged invoices, but for all vendor invoices.

This file substitutes the old APG file. ASD contains all data, which CEA
needs to put together the journal. It has all the segment values, or the
aliases, which after that will be used by the macros. The line type
says, what kind of line it is stored (for example tax = 07, total
invoice = 22, etc.). This is the parallel of the macro SDPACS22,
SDPACS07, etc, which is used in the model.

For one vendor invoces there are more lines stored, et least two, but in
case of using VAT minimally 3.

In case of invoices with 3-way-match there are also data about the item
or commodity, which is on the invoice.

"Sally Bosman"

                    <sally.bosman@smallb        To:     "SSA's BPCS ERP
System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    lue.co.uk>                  cc:

                    Sent by:                    Subject:     Re: ASD
File
                    bpcs-l-bounces@midra

nge.com

2004.03.09 08:10

Please respond to

"SSA's BPCS ERP

System"

As far as I am aware this file holds the GL distribution detail for logged invoices entered via ACP500D4.

Sally

Sally Bosman
Director - Small Blue Ltd
Tel:    +44 (0) 1737 824246
Mob:  +44 (0) 7767 447107
www.smallblue.co.uk

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kusman Lim" <kusman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "SSA's BPCS ERP System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 2:06 AM Subject: ASD File

Dear BPCS professional;

Can anyone tall me what is the ASD file use for ?

Thanks

Kusman Lim
PT Takeda Indonesia

----