version 6.0.04

when we set up BPCS we were told that it runs best if we set up multiple
warehouses. at the minimum we should have one warehouse that is the stockroom
warehouse and one that is the WIP warehouse. all work orders are cut in the WIP
warehouse. as such the shop order requirements for component material are also
in the WIP warehouse. in order to issue component material, either manually or
via back flushing, we must go to the stockroom warehouse and transfer the
component material to the WIP warehouse. we can then perform the component
issue (again either manually or via back flush). when the parent part is
completed we report completion on the against the work order, and this puts the
parent part into inventory in the WIP warehouse. we must then transfer it into
the stockroom warehouse.

is this the normal BPCS methodology?  if not, are there better methods?

charles doe
barton instrument systems