when i last ran BOM900 it took nearly 24 hours, so i gave up the thought of
running it regularly. i put together a couple of queries that i run each night
to check the integrity of the low level codes and to identify any inconsistent
low level codes. about once a week we get a new bill of material record that
gets added to the file, and where the low level codes do not get updated
properly (ie both the parent and the component part have a low level code of
1). i don't know why this is. it happens of bill of material records created by
the bpcs configurator and manually. at one time we thought it had something to
do with the b/m record being created today but with an in effectivity date
sometime in the future, but we just haven't proven this. (by the way we are on
BPCS version 6.04). when i run the queries and find the inconsistencies, i then
use SQL to correct the component parts low level code (ie make it greater than
the parent parts's low level code.) generally this fixes the problem. on
occasion this causes an inconsistency in the next bill of material for the
component part where it is a parent of other parts. just run the query and fix
the next level parts. the query runs about 2 minutes per night and it normally
takes about a couple of minutes to fix any inconsistent low level codes. i find
this much easier than trying to run BOM900.

chick doe
barton instrument systems

>>> Dana.M.Buker@dupontpharma.com 10/03/01 06:51AM >>>
Hello, all.

We needed to run BOM900 yesterday in order to resequence low level codes
and allow MRP600 to plan properly.  The last time we needed to do this was
literally years ago.  Anyone know what causes the low level codes to need
this action?  Anyone run BOM900 on a regular schedule?  If so, why and how
often?

Thanks for any help.

dana.m.buker@dupontpharma.com
Dana Buker