  • Subject: Re: 6.04 CS to 6.10.1 Conversion/Implementation
  • From: "Genyphyr Novak" <novakg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 15:06:58 -0600

Hi Oludare,

The person you responded to was looking for "Nasties to watch out for" with
the 6101 release - this would mean 'gotchas' or bad bugs.

None of the information you provided was of any help, in my opinion, towards
informing anyone on this list in that regard. Neither did you list a
specific problem nor a specific solution to any problem - you stated the
names of several things, some of them merely objects on the AS/400, but
nothing indicating what if anything was wrong or what was to be done with
those things. I asked for specifics, and you provided none in your reply.

I recall from your previous postings your curiosity about going around the
conversion instructions. This would indicate a tendency to maybe not read or
follow or believe the instructions you read, and decide to try doing your
own thing, which inevitably will lead to problems. Maybe that is a big
assumption on my part, but there you are.
From your December posting:
>Hello guys,

>I'm on BPCS 6.0.02 Jan 98 Cum, OS400 V4R3M0 current >Cum.

>This is a BPCS install question. Is it possible to install BPCS >6.1.01 in
a new environment then copy all BPCS files from >6.0.02 with *MAP *DROP into
6.1.01 file library.  I thought this >will be a cleaner install than
converting 6.0.02 to 6.1.01

>Oludare

If you have any specific Installation Instruction sections you want to have
clarified or expanded the next time around, now is the time to suggest that,
via Helpline before the next release of BPCS is due. I am one of  the people
who re-wrote the 6100 and 6101 AS/400 installation and configuration
instructions, and can definitely say that we are interested in knowing
details about which sections require improvement so they are better for the
next release. The statement you made in all capital letters that it was "Not
clear enough" does not really contain any information that we can use
towards improving the documentation.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT