  • Subject: RE: RGZPFM & RCLSTG
  • From: "Blackwell, Barry" <bblackwe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:05:21 -0600

Sorry all... hit the wrong button.

Barry M. Blackwell
Kimberly-Clark China
bblackwe@kcc.com
Tel: 8610-6561-6688 ext 2609
Fax: 8610-6561-4280

-----Original Message-----
From: Genyphyr Novak [mailto:novakg@ssax.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 2:23 AM
To: BPCS-L@midrange.com

Hi,

There is a BPCS Clean up document available on OGS Online in the performance
section that explains regular file clean up for V6 releases and when and why
you would want to use the RGZPFM command. It doesn't cover a RCLSTG. There
are times you want to reorganize files, even though BPCS V6 is shipped with
database setting of reuse deleted records turned on. Mainly this is when
files have a high percentage of deleted records on them, and you are
unlikely to reach the point of reusing those records in the near future. I/O
efficiency improves if the file is reorganized at that point.

Thanks

Genyphyr Novak
SSA GT