  • Subject: Re: RMA process-version 4.05
  • From: "naomiruben" <naomiruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:47:50 -0700

I think you should set up 2 logical warehouses. 1 for the ones you are
actually going to receive back and one for the ones that you are just going
to OK for the customer to destroy.

Once you receive the merchandise back you could convert the RMA to a Credit
Order and from there issue the credit to the customer.  The material you
received back would then be in a particular warehouse from where you would
later decide if you want to destroy it, do an INV500 "A" transaction with a
special Reason Code for it, or create a special transaction to track down
such actions, or if it could be reused, transfer it to an allocatable
warehouse through an INV510 "T" transaction in which you could use also a
special reason code to segregate this type of transfer.

If the RMA was for merchandise that you are OKing the customer to destroy,
put it in the other logical warehouse, and then, periodically, perform the
INV500 transaction ("A" with a specific reason code or a specific
transaction created to that effect) to clean that warehouse.  You could
originate the Credit Order and the Credit to the customer right away or
periodically.

Both warehouses should be non-netable non-allocatable warehouses.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ruben Mirensky