If this appears twice, sorry for the duplication.  I sent it out last night
about 6PM & it hasn't shown up in my e-mail yet this morning but I've gotten
other BPCS e-mails????  So here it is again.

Running BPCS Ver.6.0.02 plf, Mar'98 cum, full client/server on a 9406 S20 at
V4R4M0 fairly current on "all" ptf's.

When I ran INV903 at September Month End through my automated process, it
didn't run.  I was able to run it manually from BPCS - I think & I really
don't remember how I did run it.  But I know it was run.

I am now running/testing my "automatic" program on my test machine (same
config as above except it is a 720) & it did not run.  INV903B & INV903D are
in the BPCSO & BPCSPTF libraries only on both machines.  Nether machine has
an object named INV903x in my BPCSBMR library.  When running INV903
interactively, I noticed that I don't see the second panel.  I fill the
parms in on the first panel, click OK, & within a couple of seconds, I have
the menu back.  The second panel has the parm that is checked "Continue with
Month End Procedure".  At least it did a year or so ago when I wrote the
computer work instructions & captured screen prints.  I now don't see that
panel & I don't remember if it is check by default or not?  Must not be
because the process stops almost immediately after clicking OK on panel one.

Something must have changed & I not sure where to look.  If I changed
something, I don't remember & certainly didn't mean to????  I changed all
the BPCS job descriptions to log the CL & nothing jumps out at me when
looking through the job log.  INV903B is called with parms being passed in,
a bunch of RTVMSG's are executed from CLMSG, then a RCLRSC LVL(*CALLER) from
line 14 of INV903C & that's that.  I can't RTVCLSRC of INV903C because the
source is not available so I have no idea what it is trying to do.

Looking through the INV903B AS/SET code, I see BMR 6862: "Added call to cl
program INV903C to reclaim resources to alleviate file locks caused by SQL
open data paths not being deleted."

Looking through the INV903D AS/SET code,  INV903B only runs if either of the
items on the second panel are checked (I can't check them because I don't
see that panel) otherwise there is an EXTPGM.

Looking through OGS I found 23 BMR's listed when searching using INV903.
None are my situation.

I've thought about it being a security issue, but why only this one object?
The user profile that runs month end is a BPCS security officer.

Any clues as to what I'm missing???

Dennis

Dennis Munro
Badger Mining Corporation