  • Subject: Re: Billing process for BPCS 4.03 / 4.05 and Workstation members
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 02:03:25 EDT

From Al Macintyre BPCS 405 CD

I am trying to split up relevant sub-topics this way so as to avoid
excessively long post, and each one really focus hard on something different
that is relevant to managing recovery from Billing bombs.

Exploring Data Areas
================
WRKDTAARA *ALL in the library of your BPCSF, enter then scroll

this will show you a list of BPCS data areas whose general naming convention
is 1-2 letters for application (e.g. "BL" for Billing) then name of your work
station.

Your work stations must be 8 or less bytes long or else you'll have BPCS
headaches too painful for this thread.

Display any & generally you see a bunch of flags.
If you have recently had some hassles with a particular work station, you
might want to compare contents of messed up address with one clear of
problems.

Notice that the identical data area label appears to be used for more than
one descriptive function in the same application, so it probably is prudent
to complete one type of activity before switching focus to another function.

Notice that if you have changed some work station names or job
responsibilities from which stations ... those old pesky data areas still
hang around to clutter up your system.  We have got some with names of SSA
personnel & their sub contractors (including their phone numbers), that I
have not got a round TUIT on cleaning up.

Alister William Macintyre
Computer Data Janitor etc. of BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 on IBM e-Server i-Series 400
model 170 OS4 V4R3 @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies

+---