  • Subject: Re: Pick Confirmation - Processing
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:58:50 EDT

I do not know if BPCS works correctly for this stuff because we do have
intermittent problems which we have been attributing to user too many clutz
kooks (multiple people in the same orders at the same time ... for example,
shipping clerk tells billing clerk that "we are done for today" then while
billing is running, shipping clerk goes back into same order to view what is
due to go out tomorrow, using some maintenance program rather than some
inquiry)

We have customer orders with many order lines ... some quantity due this
week, next week, week after ... perhaps several different items on same
purchase order

If we are shipping the order line that is due right now, we do not what to
pick confirm all the other lines that are not due until next month ... just
the lines that we are shipping.

The customer order record consists of a header summary file ECH and detail
line item file ECL and occasionally we use the special description line file
ECS

If you have orders that only have one line per order, then it makes no
difference ... select the whole thing ... for us, it is a big difference, we
only want to pick the lines we are shipping at this time.

>  From:    lovesashi@hotmail.com (Sashikumar)

>  Hi,
>  Can any one explain pick confirmation processing  (ORD) by header and by
>  line. what is the difference confirming by header and by line. both
programs
>  (ORD571 and ORD573) are identical. I am not clear about it.
>  Thanks in advance.
>  Sashikumar

Al Macintyre  ©¿©
http://www.cen-elec.com MIS Manager Programmer & Computer Janitor