  • Subject: RE: Erroneous Balances in ILI/IWI
  • From: "Lacelle, Marc" <LACELLE@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:54:36 -0400

Hi Ho.

        Problem 2: You will notice in INV500D2 screen a transaction
date(it's about 3/4 down the page). This Date is the system date or the
(TTDTE) found in the ITH data file. When users are asked to post
transactions they are also capable to change this system date. This date, if
changed will become the transaction date in the ITH data file. So for
example: We are Jan 01/2000 and I am posting a transaction to increase
product X. I make a mistake and change the system date to Jan 01/1990 or
even Jan 01/2001. The transaction will go through. You can verify if
transactions are properly dated in your system by writing a simple SQL
statement.

From a command line:

        STRSQL  enter
        SELECT * FROM ITH WHERE TPROD  = 'XXXXXXXXXXX'          enter

        XXXXXXXX is the item number.

Now, look at the 5th column and verify if the dates are sorted
properly(smallest date first) with the sequence numbers (3rd column). If you
find a date that is improperly sequenced in this list, you have people
changing or overriding system dates when posting transactions.

        SOLUTION: I hope you have AS/SET ADK. You will need to mod the
following programs. INV500D2, INV510D, PUR550D1. These programs have system
dates that can be overridden. Send me a line if that is the situation.

        Problem 3: Reorg programs. Yes you are correct in saying that the
ILI and IWI are not identical. You will need to run INV970 and INV972 (IN
THIS ORDER) right after month end. Please note (I MEAN RIGHT AFTER MONTH
END). Don't ever run this at any other time.

        I hope this helps

        Marc Lacelle
        Royal Canadian Mint
        lacelle@rcmint.ca