  • Subject: RE: Erroneous Balances in ILI/IWI
  • From: "Bailey, Dick" <Dick_Bailey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 12:27:39 -0500

        Thanks to great help, I now have determined that an incorrect
inventory balance is created for a Kit whenever the Kit is shipped and the
location selected for the resulting B and = transactions is one for which no
record exists in ILI. A new ILI record is created and the BPCS program
brings into the new ILI record the sum of 1)the issues FROM THE PREVIOUS ILI
RECORD processed and 2)the issue quantity of the B transaction.

        So now I have about one hundred balances to correct.

        HOWEVER - I still have two other problems with erroneous ILI
balances, some of which are not related to Kit transactions.

        Problem Two is: the mystical  appearance of an ILI record for an
item number several months after the last transaction for the item. Example:

        One item was built on a shop order in December 1999, and shipped the
same month. No transaction was processed for it after December. In February,
an ILI record appeared for a quantity of 1 and this added into the on-hand
balance (probably at month-end). The location selected was the location from
which it had been shipped.  This would not have noticed if it hadn't been
for a forklift truck, our primary product.

        Problem Three is: The total of ILI on hand quantities does not equal
the on hand in the IWI file. It is definitely true that the original Kit
problem one generates some of these imbalances - during the month in which
they occur. Then at the end of the month, IWI gets synchronized with ILI (to
the incorrect ILI balance).  However, this is only one source of this
problem. I have seen many references here to having to run a synchronization
program - and we have run it too, but, as the Kit situation proves, the
result is wrong.

        Does anyone have some other sources of (or solutions to) Problems
Two and Three?

        Dick Bailey
        MCFA