  • Subject: RE: Optio formally known as XPoint
  • From: Christine Hales <chales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 07:59:25 -0400

        [HP/Oracle 6.002 moving to 6.004]

        We originally looked at JetForm, Optio and EDI (Electronic Document
Interchange, I think), and we have used Optio for about 2 years now.  I
would swear by it!  It has given up the functionality so that we can map
our spool files, and even create and send new reports, based on what was
printed.  For example, our Shop Packet Print (pick list) generated from
BPCS shows only the information based on the shop orders created.  What we
do is take some basic data off of that form, run a SQL script, and build a
picklist based on all open shop orders.

        The SQL scripts definately help out with the cheques, POs, Invoices,
etc.
 - in 6.002 SSA left out a lot of pertinent information in these spool
files.  And for security purposes we altered the lp command from bpcs, so
that no matter where they try and print cheques - it automatically sends it
to Optio, and Optio sends it to a secure printer.  It routes the copies of
our POs as well - so that each department receives what they need.

        We are just migrating up to the latest version, and we are planning on
incorporating the FaxFx program so that we can automatically fax our
releases from BPCS.

                        -Christine