From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 1:43 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using WDSCi to edit Java

Kurt Anderson wrote:
And then I tried to compile (build). Apparently I can't build one
source at a time (that I see). That sucks. Then I selected Build
Project (thinking I was going to build a Package - my bad) so that
attempted to build every java source on the IFS. Boy, I hope that
doesn't screw stuff up....

If you're using the Java perspective in RDI, you don't need to 'build' ... it builds dynamically.

Compiling Java one source file at a time isn't really logical, because they tend to be interdependent. Unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.

david