From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 10:30 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Using WDSCi to edit Java

On 5/20/2010 11:50 AM, Kurt Anderson wrote:

I created a java project. Near as I can tell I associated it with our IFS network drive. When I open source through the same IFS filter, I still have the same issue. I go to the project and try to browse for source there and I see a src folder but it doesn't open. I tried selecting Source > Organize Imports. That gives me the following errors:

Problems while organizing imports on some compilation units. See 'Details' for more information.
IFS Java Source/Java/get_template.java: Compilation unit has parse errors. No changes applied.
IFS Java Source/Java/EMail.java: Compilation unit contains ambiguous references. User interaction required.
IFS Java Source/Java/msgsend.java: Compilation unit contains ambiguous references. User interaction required.

I am kind of worried that this is going to be copying the java source to my workspace instead of using it on the IFS.

I just did a simple test and WDSC 7.0.0.8 is updating the source out in
the root file system, not making a copy onto my local PC's workspace.

I see you mention a \src directory, but the structure of your project
doesn't seem to have one. Is it possible that the package statement
doesn't match the actual layout of the project?

When you say '\src won't open' what error are you getting? You may have
to look in your workspace \.metadata\.log file

--buck