On 5/19/2010 1:37 PM, David Gibbs wrote:

Kurt Anderson wrote:
Every so often I need to edit a java source (through a filter over
the IFS). However the context assistant doesn't working, I'm getting
the following error message: "This compilation unit is not on the
build path of a Java project." Well, I'm not working within a
project. Does anyone have any tips?

Try mapping the IFS location to a network drive and then create a java project there.

Then use the java perspective to edit, compile, & debug your code.

I'm with David - making a project over your existing code is much nicer
than the way I usually hack this up. I use Windows File Explorer to
navigate to the folder, open a command window (Windows Power Tools) and
edit via Code/400. Use the command window to javac and possibly test.

Do it David's way. The hairs on your head will thank you.
--buck