Re: Tracking static IP addresses

fixed

Burns, Bryan wrote:
Well of course we use DHCP but we need to permanently assign addresses
to printers, access points, switches, servers, special PC, etc., and
that's several hundred.

So?

Just let DHCP assign the IP (which, I suspect, most devices default to out of the box) ... but configure DHCP to assign the same IP all the time. That way all your devices use the same IP assignment mechanism ... but some devices get the same IP every time.

Depending on your DHCP server it may be called a 'IP Reservation'.

david