From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:09 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Tracking static IP addresses

Burns, Bryan wrote:
What do you use to keep track of static IP addresses? We use an Excel

spreadsheet, but it's not much better than a pen and paper, to wit,
the address conflict I just found.

I would suggest that you use DHCP to assign IP's for all systems ...
those systems that need a stable IP should just get a permanent
assignment.

david