Re: connecting two laptops to USB - easy question

fixed

Do you have trouble getting the rebates?  CompUSA owes me about three.

Dan wrote:
On 8/22/06, Mark Villa <iseries.4.me@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks all...
I can tell you after looking at the price for a simple USB A/B switch
it makes more sense just to get a USB print server.

It is a little crazy to spend $79 or even less for a cheap printer and
have to spend the same amount on cables....what a racket.

Veering off-topic just a bit, but I've decided to never by ink again.  I
stock up on printers with rebates that knock the price down so that it
matches (or is lower than) what I would spend on ink replacments.

Well, that's the goal anyway.

Gotta hand it to the printer manufacturers, though.  What a brilliant
economic model.  Essentially give away the printer, and sell ink for what is
basically thousands of dollars per gallon.  I've never actually done the
math on that, but it's gotta be up there.  How many grams of ink are in that
$30 cartridge???

Also, if you're not in a huge hurry, you can usually find printer routers on
sale with or w/o rebates.  I just (two weeks ago) picked up a combo deal
(wireless USB print server and a router) from CompUSA for about $16 after
rebates.

- Dan