On 8/22/06, Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you have trouble getting the rebates?  CompUSA owes me about three.

I haven't done CompUSA rebates for quite awhile before this recent purchase
(so their "reliability" on honoring rebates may have changed since then),
but I've never had trouble that couldn't be resolved with a phone call.
I've found that I have to actively track all my rebates, from whatever
source, and I set a reminder on my calendar N weeks out, where N is
somewhere between the range of time that the rebate form says to allow for
rebate to arrive.  I have no doubt that some rebate processors purposely let
some of the submissions fall through the cracks, probably left in some limbo
or pending mode, waiting for the consumer to call and "push" it through.
How else do you think they can afford the free-after-rebate offers?  They
know a certain percentage of people make a decision to buy based on the
rebate offer, but then they fail to follow through.  And of those that do
submit the rebate forms, they also know that a lot of them will forget about
it or not want to hassle with it.

Booth, how old are your rebates that you are still waiting for?  Most rebate
processors close the window for any resolution after a certain period of
time.  It should state this on the rebate form.

BTW, FWIW, I frequent SlickDeals.net.  That's where I found the print server
/ router combo deal.  I am waiting for the next 1GB DDR-3200 RAM sticks for
under $50.

HTH,
Dan