From: David Gibbs [mailto:dgibbs@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 8:54 AM
To: 'PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users'
Subject: RE: [PCTECH] I learned something about certificatesandencryptin
gfile systems the other day ...

> If certificates are to be system-wide in scope, certificate
> management should be moved out of IE and into a Control Panel
> applet.  And of course I don't mean 'Internet options'.

I think there is supposed to be a certificate management application,
based on MMC, somewhere in Windows ... ah, I found it ...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/advcerts
teps
.asp

Lame, of course, that it's not on the menu or in control panel.  I'll
bet you a dollar that it doesn't't provide any warning about the dangers
of removing a certificate.

david