> If certificates are to be system-wide in scope, certificate
> management should be moved out of IE and into a Control Panel
> applet.  And of course I don't mean 'Internet options'.

I think there is supposed to be a certificate management application, based
on MMC, somewhere in Windows ... ah, I found it ...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/advcertsteps
.asp

Lame, of course, that it's not on the menu or in control panel.  I'll bet
you a dollar that it doesn't't provide any warning about the dangers of
removing a certificate.

david