My father started repairing computes in 1967. Even then, computers worked weekends, and evenings, and holidays. Though, as you suggest, the most likely time to be able to take them apart, or upgrade, or migrate was weekends. In the 30+ years I did consulting, I knew that my weekends were not my own.

Being an FTE now with a team around me I still get to work weekends, but no longer all of them. :-)

I think it's very sad that a respected software company such as Fortra dings you painfully for non prime-time support. Yes I get it, IBM requires a fee as well but the cost to bring your Shwarma up from 8x5 to 24x7 is a small percentage and we sell that almost universally.

- DrF