On 8/18/2023 12:58 PM, Jim Oberholtzer wrote:

It was my understanding that if you put a java version in the same
directory as the acsbundle.jar that when ACS started it would use that
java, as opposed to one that is loaded on the system.

The documentation says that Macs need a JDK:

Technote for Mac:
When installing Java on Mac, select a JDK instead of a JRE. The JRE for Mac installs Java for only the browser. It does not install Java for other applications. Installing the JDK makes Java available to other applications such as IBM i Access Client Solutions.

True? if so then I have a different problem. The Semaru runtime JRE 17 is
loaded on my system, (which I need for other reasons) and I put the Semaru
V8 into the ClientSolutions Directory but the Java Home seems to override
that. Any thoughts about how to outsmart it?

The docs say that a JRE needs to be copied (which conflicts with the above Technote). I'd make a new bat file, set JAVA_HOME, and then execute acslaunch. I expect that would work on all platforms:

7.1.1 Starting the Product - Additional Options

You may also try one of the following methods when trying to use the binary file for your platform. These methods allow you to identify which Java Runtime Environment (JRE) should be used to start the product. See section 7.1.2 Finding the Java Home Path for how to locate the Java home path on your workstation. These additional methods are only supported on Linux and Windows platforms:

Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the Java home path (OR)
Use the -vm option on the binary command to specify the Java home path. Specify -h on the binary command for additional help (OR)
Copy a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) directory structure to the same directory as the binary file you are trying use.