I'm sitting at V1.1.9.3. I use IBM's Semeru site.
I have folder "jdk-11.0.19+7-jre sitting in the ACS install folder
at " Start_Programs\Windows_x86-64".

I have nothing special set and have never had any type of java issues
to speak of. I periodically get the latest Windows64 Semeru JDK jre
package.

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin
ERMCO-ECI
2225 Industrial Rd
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38024
Office and OnCall: 731.676.4318
Cell: 518.641.8906
Email: michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
https://www.ermco-eci.com<https://www.ermco-eci.com/>
IBM i Personal Blog: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com<https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/>
"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts".

4. RE: ACS and the Java character spacing (Michael Quigley)

message: 4
date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 19:08:20 +0000
from: Michael Quigley <MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx>>
subject: RE: ACS and the Java character spacing

We use the OpenJDK (which I guess is now Temurin by Adoptium) and install it along with ACS by placing the jdk folder under the Start_programs folder in our install source. Our default font is Consolas and I'm not aware of any issues with font alignment--although some people's personal preferences have caused them to try different fonts. I personally like to use Monaco--having chosen that before we settled on Consolas. (I think Monaco renders a little larger typeface which I find easier to read. That could be due to my being a little more chronologically gifted than most the others in our shop.) I know that people have used a variety of fonts and I don't remember there being any significant issues with anything people have chosen.

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way international
https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theway.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7C%7C5a54bd65d36d40086e8208db99d6aaa1%7Cd2deeaf270e4425c91d7d99d784e89d6%7C0%7C0%7C638272919499009588%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=iBWqVSm1xhUMs5uHF%2B%2FbT8%2FrJHQ4g5CR9cdRrSGqRBg%3D&reserved=0<http://www.theway.org/>

message: 1
date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 05:35:13 -0500
from: Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
subject: Re: ACS and the Java character spacing

Thanks John, I?ll have a look at it. Interesting web site.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects

On Aug 8, 2023, at 2:27 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>>