Re: Dependency hell with cURL and libiconv.a

fixed

On 9/3/2014 4:00 PM, Matt Lavinder wrote:
I have been playing on and off with getting several common Unix commands
working on the system.

Most of the Linux stuff I know doesn't seem to translate well into AIX.
I have in the past downloaded PowerPC AIX binaries for several
utilities. Untar and off we go. Unfortunately, the web page I used to
use is gone
(http://computer-refuge.org/classiccmp/aixpdslib/pub/curl/RISC/4.3/exec/)

If you have RPM running, this site has RPMs for many utilities:
http://bullfreeware.com/ There are also RPMs here:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/aix/freeSoftware/aixtoolbox/RPMS/ppc/

Another place to get some *ix utilities is 5799-PTL IBM tools for
developers for IBM i
https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/pw_com_porting_tools_list

--buck