On 9/3/2014 4:00 PM, Matt Lavinder wrote:
I have been playing on and off with getting several common Unix commands
working on the system.

Most of the Linux stuff I know doesn't seem to translate well into AIX.
I have in the past downloaded PowerPC AIX binaries for several
utilities. Untar and off we go. Unfortunately, the web page I used to
use is gone

If you have RPM running, this site has RPMs for many utilities:
http://bullfreeware.com/ There are also RPMs here:

Another place to get some *ix utilities is 5799-PTL IBM tools for
developers for IBM i