From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:43 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: method to view objects in production lib with locks on them

Chuck - the issue is that the online system is brought down, along with all online users. Unfortunately once in a while an independent batch job named "BrokenJob" will be hung or msgw status, with a lock on a PF named "ImportantFile". Or maybe it is an FTP file transfer in progress, or a web interface file lock.

So my question is, how can I identify and send an email or text message stating something like "SWA cannot perform nightly backups because BrokenJob has a lock on ImportantFile".

Is there a DSPOBJLCK type command that can write to an outfile (instead of a printer?)

Thanks!