> <snip> Granted, with
> virtualization there is little need for each lpar to have their own
> physical connection.

Exactly which again plays to Fiber so it can 'see' the drive through VIOS and NPIV. This works very nicely I might add!

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 8/19/2014 6:40 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

After seeing the difference in speed of just an LTO4 coming from a Power 6
to a Power 8 I would be really impressed to see if the difference is
noticable between fiber and SAS, or, could it be attributable to other
factors like processor, SSD vs HDD, etc.
I would argue that the flexibility of fiber being attachable to a SAN
switch might be a deciding factor in many cases. Granted, with