From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:13 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Fiber vs SAS LTO Tape Speed

The interface speed of the drive for both SAS and Fiber is faster than even an LTO6 the drive can write. That said if you're using the older
5901 SAS card that one has some performance limits so even a 4Gb Fiber will likely be faster. The newer SAS Card is much faster.

That said unless you have a lot of disk arms or a fair number of SSDs the tape drive will likely not be the slowest part of the backup for most shops.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com