After seeing the difference in speed of just an LTO4 coming from a Power 6
to a Power 8 I would be really impressed to see if the difference is
noticable between fiber and SAS, or, could it be attributable to other
factors like processor, SSD vs HDD, etc.
I would argue that the flexibility of fiber being attachable to a SAN
switch might be a deciding factor in many cases. Granted, with
virtualization there is little need for each lpar to have their own
physical connection.