MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive

Re: IBM i Access 7.1 - cannot get IP address using RPG

fixed

Hi,

I have found what seems to be the cause of my problem and thanks for the suggestions..

It appears the operations console works/connects differently than in 6.1. in as much as you don't seem to be able to get an IP address now off of that device description when you used to before.

My assumption was that this was the case in all Emulation sessions however the old software works fine if it is not run on the ops console..

Thanks again.

Kevin