Thanks, it is a power7+.

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As Others have said, It Depends. It sounds to me though like you were
thinking about the HMC rather than the Power System since you mentioned
version 8.1.0.

Unlike Cisco where gear is often in warehouses for months before it ships
to customers, IBM loads them just prior to shipping them which means they
are very current both version and fix levels when you get them.

If you ordered a Power8 and you're getting a new HMC with it, then I would
expect it will show up with 8.1.0 on it but I have not yet seen this
combination ordered so I could be wrong. My customers have had existing
HMCs to this point.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com