Re: New Server Shipped From IBM with HMC ordered

fixed

You're welcome. And if you want to download 8.8.1, and related hotfixes,
beforehand, just to ensure that you have it, you always can. I did. But
ended up not using it.

An HMC install, to me, is something that can be installed midweek. Less
disruptive than adding a twinax console to the end of a string. Get the
HMC installed. Ensure that it has the latest and greatest OS and hot
fixes and have it all ready prior to even plugging in your new box.
Always. Without fail. Consider having all the "call home" stuff and all
configured on it.
I was instructed by my BP NOT to power up my Power 8's prior to their
arrival. The HMC I was encouraged to have ready to rock upon their
arrival. Heck I even had it talking to my existing hardware. The old HMC
became the redundant. They're now all unplugged as my old HMC's died with
Power 6 equipment. They were CR2's.