Thank you Rob.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I recently received 3 new Power 8's. With them I also received two new
HMC's. Both were loaded with 8.8.1. They were only one hot fix behind. I
also received 8.8.1 media. Now, I 'think' that came in a separate box
with a bunch of other media, like IBM i and AIX and websphere, websphere
and them some websphere and after that even more websphere media.

Group Dekko
Dept 1600
Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

From: Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08/03/2014 02:07 PM
Subject: Re: New Server Shipped From IBM with HMC ordered

Thanks, it is a power7+.

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 1:03 PM, DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As Others have said, It Depends. It sounds to me though like you were
thinking about the HMC rather than the Power System since you mentioned
version 8.1.0.

Unlike Cisco where gear is often in warehouses for months before it
ships
to customers, IBM loads them just prior to shipping them which means
they
are very current both version and fix levels when you get them.

If you ordered a Power8 and you're getting a new HMC with it, then I
would
expect it will show up with 8.1.0 on it but I have not yet seen this
combination ordered so I could be wrong. My customers have had existing
HMCs to this point.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com