MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive

CPF5090 happening with annoying frequency

fixed

What in Heaven's name was IBM thinking?

I'm sure (even though I'm waiting for the box with the source to IPL, before I can check the statement that's throwing it) this is what I've already seen too many times before: a keyed PF (with or without keyed logicals) not having its access path ready by the time it was needed.

How could they possibly NOT expect that a program would be restoring a file from a save file, then immediately repopulating it?

Anybody have any suggestions on how to prevent this?

--
JHHL