From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James
H. H. Lampert
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 4:01 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: CPF5090 happening with annoying frequency

What in Heaven's name was IBM thinking?

I'm sure (even though I'm waiting for the box with the source to IPL,
before I can check the statement that's throwing it) this is what I've
already seen too many times before: a keyed PF (with or without keyed
logicals) not having its access path ready by the time it was needed.

How could they possibly NOT expect that a program would be restoring a
file from a save file, then immediately repopulating it?

Anybody have any suggestions on how to prevent this?