Re: Question on using SQL2JXL in multiple concurrent jobs

fixed

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Roger Harman <roger_harman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The tool where I am now is quite good and I like a lot of the features. I
haven't found anything it won't do but the speed issue is tough. Probably
the speed and heap space issue was related to our development lpar but for
50k row sheets, it's not feasible.

Heap space definitely should not be an issue. Well, I should say,
it's not that your LPAR has too little memory for what you're trying
to do. Either the tool is inefficiently written, or it's written in
such a way that it's providing capabilities that need the memory, but
that it sounds like you're not using.

How deeply have you explored your tool? Maybe it's like the ones I'm
familiar with, and has a mode where it just writes one row at a time,
or gives you some way to tell it how often to flush rows, effectively
letting you cap the memory usage (and in some cases speeding things up
as well).

John