It's a great thing that you are using SQL more and more and yes you will see that there are certain elements of DDS which are not a part of SQL standards. EDTCDE is one of those. There is no SQL equivalent.
Query400 cannot consume any SQL function and sometimes cannot display a view depending on how it is defined. Views are similar to logical files and you can define new fields from other fields. I.e. a timestamp field coulld be split into two fields for date and time.
From: jacktucky@xxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQL table edit code questions
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 20:35:49 -0400

Hi All:

I've been using SQL more in my daily work. I'm working with my first table
defined using SQL.

Since I have users who like to use Query/400, Is there an equivalent to the
EDTCDE DDS keyword that I can use maybe via ALTER TABLE?

I also have a timestamp field in this table, is there a way to define a
separate date and time field as well?

I see iDate and and mcpress article for an edit code UDF from Bruce Vining,
but will they work with Query?

Thanks, Jack

Related ...