RE: Using SSD's

fixed

What performance do you want to boost?

I want to improve disk access times, especially for long running batch jobs.

Most of our data is accessed through the logical views. But, since the actual data is in the physical file, wouldn't a read through the logical view result in a read from the physical file? In that case, wouldn't it make sense to insure that the physical file in on the SSD instead of the logical if I had to choose between what I was going to store on SSD?

Reply or Forwarded mail from: Kenneth E Graap