Depends. What performance do you want to boost? The person who writes
our checks bought SSD's with the intention to reduce the outage caused by
month end. So we made darned sure that month end files were on there.
There is an option in STRASPBAL or some such thing to have it balance hot
data itself

http://www.ibm.com/systems/resources/ssd_ibmi.pdf

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=balance+hot+data+to+SSD+%22IBM+i%22+site%3Aibm.com

Some of these may determine that some of your data really gets beat to
death (like Domino on our machines). However we (actually the check dude
did) decided that we wanted to balance other data.