From: Stephanie.Cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
Date: 06/18/2014 02:03 PM
Subject: WAS - In need of a DBClean guru.....

I have been working for this company for just a few short months. We have

the WebSphere application that runs on-line parts store. This system has
data more than 10 years old and has never been through a proper cleanup
process. I have found much information on the DBClean utility and a
CLEANCONF table that needs to be populated, but don't know where to start
setting this up or how to run it? I should also mention this WAS server
was running at 80% capacity and just by deleting useless logs is now down
to 43%. This was just years and years worth of 'access_log' and
'basic_error_log' in
/QIBM/UserData/CommerceServer60/instances/MCIIWCS60/httplogs. There are
many complaints about how slow the On-line store is and I feel like if we
get the database cleaned up and keep it cleaned up there will be much to
gain in the performance of the on-line stores. If anyone has this kind of

environment and could share the knowledge it would be greatly appreciated
by this WebSphere virgin. I have many years on the AS400 - but zero with
this WebSphere Application Server. OS V6R1M0. WAS V5R0M0. WebSphere
Application Server V6R0M0.

Thanks - and have a great day!

~sc

Stephanie Cox