feedback from a unix command run from CL

fixed

Is there a way to detect the results of a unix shell command run from a CLLE program?

I want to run the cmp qshell command from CL against two IFS files.
Cmp returns and Exit Status
0 when the files are identical
1 when the files are different
1 when an error occurred
I want to take additional action in the CL if the exit status is 1

Mike Cunningham