If you reply to someone's email regarding a ticket, also go into the
online system and paste your reply there. This does a few things.
- The escalation system knows that the customer has updated it and the
ball is back in IBM's court.
- If someone else works on it they have your reply and don't have to
analyze someone else's email.

Even if you create the online ticket with a 'call me on the phone option'
they will often reply via email. You can call IBM and ask them to call
you. Many products (unlike Domino) actually will do live transfer.

I often open the tickets online because the first level of support tends
to not record much information, every third word you said if you're lucky.
Then, if I am in a hurry I call in on the ticket I just opened. (Let's
just say that Paul Nelson might have a few things to say about the first
level of support also.)