Running jobs on a separate core

fixed

All,

In the next month or so our new 400 will be delivered to us. The new box will have two cores because right now our single core machine is being crushed by the QZDASOINIT jobs (they occupy anywhere from 75% - 90% of the CPU utilization at any given time).

Yes, we are investigating the reasons why these jobs are occupying so much, but I wanted to know if there's a way I can dedicate a core to a specific job or subsystem? I would like to move the web jobs off to their own core so the other core can focus on taking care of the other tasks.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thankee-sai!

/b;

Brian Piotrowski
Manager - I.T.
Simcoe Parts Service, Inc.
Ph: 705-435-7814 x343
Fx: 705-435-5029
http://www.simcoeparts.com<http://www.simcoeparts.com/>

Please consider the environment. Don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

The information contained in this communication is confidential and intended only for the use of those to whom it is addressed. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by telephone (collect if necessary) and delete or destroy any copies of it. Thank you!