I need to meet a government requirement that says my System i must use the
NTP protocol and set its time. I'm well aware of IBM's built in support for
SNTP but the requirements state that SNTP ("simple" network time protocol)
is not sufficient. One of the reasons given is that SNTP allows you to
define multiple time servers on the Internet but it uses a round robin
approach such that if one server is down it goes to the next. With NTP,
apparently multiple servers are considered by the protocol and it determines
which is the most accurate.

We've tried to demonstrate to the governing body the SNTP support along with
the log files it creates as it adjusts the time but they've justsaid no so
we're looking for other ways to implement NTP on the System i.

Any suggestions anyone?