RE: Power 8 and 7.1TR8

fixed

This is the way I am looking at TR8. TR8 will be installed on all of my
LPARs ASAP.
These LPARs will then be unloaded/reloaded to Power 8's as soon as I can
get them in.
I will upgrade these LPARs right away to 7.2
EXCEPT for a few lpars running software that will not work on 7.2.
Including:
- Quickr
- Sametime 8.5
These will stay at 7.1TR8 until I
- replace Quickr with IBM Connections
- go from Sametime 8.5 to Sametime 9

it's crap like this that encourages server virtualization and propagation.
We've got Sametime 8.5 running on our main ERP lpar. Since it won't work
on 7.2, and I'm waiting for someone, somewhere, running sametime 9 on IBM
i who is willing to publicly say something positive about it, I might have
to break it out to another server, if I get really antsy to get our main
ERP lpar on 7.2.