My guess would be that, depending on the format, some files are worth
compressing and some are not.

Due to their nature and contents, some files will actually grow when
"compressed" via a zip or similar process.

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 4:04 AM, <Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks! Now to ask the obvious question...why the heck did IBM have some
images download as UDFs & others as a friggin .ZIP??? It boggles the

Tommy Holden

From: DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/09/2014 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: v7.2 upgrade

You need to uzip the udf files and use those.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

On 5/9/2014 11:30 AM, Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I downloaded the files for the upgrade and there are some that were
downloaded as udf files inside a zip file. Can these be loaded as a zip
file or do I have to extract the udf to use as a image catalog entry? I
did a "test" and it did add the .zip to the virtual optical but I'd hate
to run into issues once I get started.

Tommy Holden