On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Needles,Stephen J
<SNEEDLES@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wanted to solve this wholly within SQL rather than use RPG.

Any particular reason why?

I am completely with you if you just want to challenge yourself.
Exercise your brain and all that. But then you say this:

Probably not as clean as idate (didn't look at it), but it does the
job. I think that I'll wrap this in a UDF.

So, you need this for your live system. For work. Presumably at an
actual business.

Tell me again why RPG was not an option?