RE: IFS File permissions

fixed

OK, so it sounds like the file is /tmp/myfile.txt and you're accessing it via a NetServer share of the root (sharing the root would make me incredibly nervous, but I digress).

As I recall, when you create a file under the local root file system, the owner has authority but no else does (you'd expect it to have the dir permissions but it doesn't). What user are you using to access the NetServer? If you're using a different user, or guest access, that could be your problem.