From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2014 10:35 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: IFS File permissions

David

Where do you see it when you come through Root? Your other path, QNTC../../Root, you are NOT in QNTC - just as in Unix or Windows or DOS, those double dots are saying go to the parent directory of what comes before it.

In other words, double dots mean you are going UP, not down the directory tree.

Vern